The Spring Edit (Primer, Base, Powder and Blush);

Sunday 23 March 2014




Hello lovelies;


I cannot wait for spring to come here. I love the fresh and natural look that comes along with spring. I've composed a list/look of my favourite spring products - There are main products with a few other suggestions here and there.

I always like to keep my face natural and dewy and the Monu Illuminating Primer is the perfect primer to create a glowing face whilst making your make up last that much longer. It has SPF15 in it which I think is great. I wear this daily, and you should always wear SPF to protect yourself and I think SPF15 is the perfect amount to use as protection in the winter (Don't use it alone during Spring/Summer). 

For a base I find it so hard to pick between these two. If I want a lighter face but still something glowing I go for the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. This is the best tinted moisturiser I've tried. It isn't too thick or sticky as some tinted moisturisers can be. The shade is perfect and it just evens your skin whilst letting your natural skin shine through, and for something with a little more coverage, I'd go with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. This is my third bottle of this beautiful foundation and my God I love it! It's one of those products I always go back to and think 'Why'd I ever stop using you?' It perfects, leaves you glowing and just looks natural but it is more coverage than the NARS TM. I have dry skin, but during Spring/Summer my skin does get a bit shiny so I do pick up a powder just to help my skin. It isn't anywhere near as bad as someone with oily skin, but I just need to use some in the morning to help. 

My perfect powder for dry skin is the BRTC Jasmine Moist Powder - This is such a refreshing powder. It claims to have water capsules in it - honestly it goes feel cooling on the skin when it's applied. This just mattes everything out without being too heavy or clinging to dry patches. I think it would feel amazing during the hot summer for top ups during the day. I've been using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Make up Powder (just a light dusting) for days I don't want any liquid foundation but I just need something to cover the redness in my cheeks. This is the first powder foundation that got amazing coverage and doesn't cling to my drier skin. After trying the Bare Minerals Ready Foundation and that making me look like I had poured flour over my face I was turned off powder foundations until now. 

Blushers are something that I tend to change up a lot and just wear what I like on the day - If I would suggest blushers you'd have a list of 20 products so I decided to just give you one that I know that I'll wear a lot just because it's an all time favourite product of mine - the Becca Beach Tint in Lychee is a bright pink shade that creates the most beautiful and natural pink flush to your cheeks. This really is the fresh cheeks look. I cannot say enough good things about this product. If you haven't got it, go and pick it up. You won't regret it! 

What are your spring edit picks?

3 comments:

  1. How long does the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua last on the skin? I have always been curious about this product but never picked it up.

    www.beautyandwhit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Compact one lasts longer on your skin, but without primer, powder or setting spray it's around 4 hours - with the help it's about 7hrs. x

      Delete
  2. That tinted moisturiser has always tempted me so much! It seems lovely

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...