Make Up Menu #11

Wednesday 19 March 2014


Hello lovelies;

I've been trying a lot of new products recently, and I've found a lot of new loves as well as an old favourite meaning I have a fair few products to share with you. I've been meaning to do this post for a little while, as my last one with around February 19th. I have been using these products for awhile now and they deserve a mention. 

For skin care my ALL TIME favourite mask facial mask is the Michael Todd Avocado and Mango Hydrating Facial Mask. This is seriously the best facial mask I've tried. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and plump. Other masks leave my face red, but this doesn't so it isn't as irritating to my skin. It is orange, but I don't mind that. It smells amazing, just like mango. I'm so happy I purchased it. I've dried all types of mask's for sensitive or dry skin and but this is holy grail. 

I've got a few nail products on this make up menu. I've wanted to get Nails Inc in Porchester Square for ages now and I've finally got my hands on this gorgeous nail polish. It's like a light mushroom grey which is the perfect natural colour. I've got the 4ml size which is great to travel with. I really want to try the gel version of it but I'm happy with this for now as it's great to travel with. I've only used two base coats in my life - OPI Nail Envy. This isn't really a base coat but I use this every time on my nails, alone or under polish. This really does make your nails stronger, but we aren't here to talk about that. The ORLY Bonder Rubberized Basecoat is a unique base coat and I had never heard of rubberized basecoats before using this. This really does make my nail polish last longer. I go a week or so without having any chips or needing to repaint my nails. This is a great base coat and It's a good start for anyone getting into nails. 

An old product that I keep using time and time again is the Monu First Defence Illuminating Primer. This is the best primer I've used to brighten my face. I alternate between this and my Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. With it getting warmer, I do go for this as it has SPF 15 in it and all the other SPF products I've tried (apart from when it's in my face base) all irritate my skin. I wouldn't be without this product. It's great for any dull skin days. Everyone needs to get their hands on this because it's seriously amazing! 

I'm a bit 'so so' with the Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss in Nooner. I love the shade, packaging and all, but it's sticky. My lips have been so chapped recently that I cannot wear lipstick, so I've been wearing a lip gloss a lot recently. I have the shade Nooner which is a perfect everyday shade. I'm really not a lip gloss fan, and I only own three on them. With this product, there are things I dislike about it, but I still find myself using it basically everyday. What don't I like? The smell/flavour. It has that chemical vanilla scent/flavour to it. You do need to lick your lips for it to somehow get to your throat - it's just off. It is sticky, I cannot deny that it your hair will stick to your lips if they catch the product on your lips (not a good look). I love the shade though. I love how it isn't over the top, and will be perfect for summer. Because it is sticky, it does hide my chapped lips and makes them feel so much better. 

I've wanted the Orbie Texturising Spray for awhile now, but I cannot spend that much money on it. I went with the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray. This is a spray that's meant to add volume to your hair. I have thick and wavy hair, so it does have some frizz and volume to it. After a few days without washing, the volume on the top of my head does become flatter, and does need a good pick me up. This product is great to add a bit of volume to my hair. I pick up a layer and spray this towards my roots and work it into my hair where I need the volume. This product works wonderfully on my thick hair, and would be great for anyone with thinner hair that's maybe lacking any volume. It doesn't leave any residue in your hair. It smells really nice as well with a slightly floral scent. 

That's it for this make up menu. There's a few more product compared to the 3/4 that there would normally be. Each product is brilliant though - It's just that damn Lipgloss! I love/dislike it, but check it out for yourself. 


What's on your make up menu this week?


7 comments:

  1. I love Porchester Square, I've had it on my nails all last week. I wear it all the time, it is indeed the perfect natural shade. I'm quite keen to try the gel version too but can't quite justify it while I have the exact same colour in normal formulation!

    Also that Charles Worthington spray sounds interesting, might have to check that out.

    Rachel || A Nesting Nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful colour! I'm really tempted to try the gel version as well. I'll probably use this up and give it a try after. I think the gel version is just more shiny from what other bloggers have said. The spray is amazing if you want some volume. X

      Delete
  2. That lipgloss sounds like my worst nightmare I can't stand lip glosses that are super sticky! Such a shame as the shade range looked really good as well :(. X

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sticky, but for some reason I can't stop using it. I think it's because it's hidden my chapped lips as well. x

      Delete
  3. I've heard such great things about the Michael Todd skincare in general and that mask sounds AMAZING! I am glad I read this before pulling the trigger on my Urban Decay order that included a Naked lipgloss. I HATE sticky glosses. Too bad that the formula sucks :(

    http://thecosmeticeffect.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved everything I've tried by Michael Todd - It's well worth trying their brand out. I'm a big hater of sticky though for some reason I cannot stop using it. x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...