'I'm not okay' make up;

Wednesday 26 March 2014


Hello Lovelies;

I don't get unwell often, but when I do it seems to stick around with me for weeks at a time. I had a bad throat, cough and cold at the start of March, it died down a little towards the 13th and now it's back in full force. When I'm feel unwell I tend to tone down my make up for (only) when I have to go out to get shopping, work etc.. When I'm at home I walk around with a bare face. Everyone is different when they're unwell, some people like to keep their normal make up, some don't wear any. 

I like wearing the bare minimal but only when I have to go out. These products are a god send when you aren't feeling too peachy. The YSL Touche Eclat is a great way of getting rid of dark circles and also adding a bit of high light in certain areas. I have the shade 1 which is a salmon colour and perfect for hiding dark/blue tones around your eyes. I never feel right if I do go out without my eyebrows done - I don't tend to use my eyebrow routine though - I like to keep it quick and simple and the Benefit Gimmie Brow does just that. This is a fiber gel which helps make your brows look fuller and the fibers cling to your eyebrow hairs. It's hard to actually shape your 'brows with this I'm found but if you want to quickly just fill them in this is perfect. I still like a bit of mascara when I go out and the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara does just that. It literally takes two seconds to apply and you're done making your eyes look wider. I'm a great lover of fat brushers and this one is a bigun! I can't say no to a bit of lippie and the new L'Oreal Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick adds the perfect amount of colour without any fuss. I don't normally re-apply make up throughout the day but I just cannot help it with this product. I have the shade 500 Molto Mauve which is the perfect spring/summer shade. It's a gorgeous dusky nude pink - A lovely everyday shade. This really does set like a lipstick and isn't sticky or too glossy. It smells just like the Origins Overnight Mask! Yummy. 

That's it for my 'I'm not okay' make up. Nice and simple which I think it important as I get to get more sleep, as well as keeping it very spring/summer with the fresh minimal make up look and a nice pink lip. 

Do you wear less/any make up when you're feeling unwell? 

11 comments:

  1. what a nice post! Sometimes when we are not feeling well, we don't want to put lots on our face :) I hope you feel better soon :)

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doll. Hope you're doing well Luckily I'm pretty confident without a lot of make up so I can get away without a fall face when I'm not too dandy. Xx

      Delete
  2. I tend to not wear anything when I'm at home, but if I go out and try to do my makeup as normal I feel like it doesn't look right, so minimal is usually the way to go when you're sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a very natural face look lover when it comes to make up, though that normally involved 10+ different products x

      Delete
  3. Loved this post as it's not one I've ever really seen done before!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Honey. I'm glad you liked it ^.^ xx

      Delete
  4. get well soon. At least your skin is good enough not to need a concealer? I didn't read any

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so curious about the L'Oreal Liquid Lipstick and the shades look amazing. Hope you feel better soon :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually just avoid anything at all when I am sick. If I absolutely have to leave, then I will use some mascara for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...