Travel Make-up Essential;

Saturday 9 August 2014






Hello Lovelies;

I'm a big fan of beauty products that are suitable for travelling with, not only because I am on the go a lot, but because I keep all my make up in a make up bag. I love the idea of the Laura Mercier Color-to-go palette - it has 3 eyeshadows and one 'tight line' eyeliner, one blush, one bromzer and a lip glace all in a little compact, great idea right? The problem? I don't wear eyeliners often, nor eyeshadows because my eczema flares up a lot of my eyelids, the bronzer isn't good for pale skin, they're all the same, medium/tanned skin would be fine with it, and the lip glace aren't my favourite (I used to put a mac lipstick in there instead). The blush was so beautiful though. 

So, what's this 'travel make-up essential?' The Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Streak. Urban Decay came out with a few Flushed palettes - 'Naked' the original and three new ones named Streak, Native and Strip. Streak is perfect for my pale skin - The bronzer is the same tone as my much loved Soap and Glory Solar Powder (though I hate the packaging), the blusher is a great dupe of MAC Melba - A lovely peachy pink and the highlighter (the only flaw) is a bit powdery and this one is peach toned. 

The price is £22 - Solar powder is around £10.00 and Melba is  around £16.00 so already you're onto a winner! It's such a lovely compact and is perfect if you're having a few days away and don't mind using the same bronzer, highlighter or powder for a few days - I'd probably take a Becca Beach Tint Blush as they're only small for a blush change, or change the highlighter for my Laura Geller one (Both Geller and Becca are small products).  I'm just so happy to find a bronzer as lovely as Solar Powder in a more compact form, and the Melba dupe just makes it sweeter. The Blush is a matte, whilst the bronzer has a slight shine to it (nothing glittery and you can only tell it if you swatch on your finger - you cannot tell it on the skin which I love. 

It's a perfect addition to your make up bag or for festivals/travel. I really love it!! I've had it all of a week and it's taken pride of place in my make up bag. I will do a 'what's in my make up bag' typed post soon. 

What's your favourite travel make up essential?
Have you tried this, or another flushed palette?
Do you like Urban Decay?

9 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything urban decay before and this looks good for travelling (especially seen as my powder smashed recently when I was travelling to London) D:
    Abigail x
    notjustacurl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I nominated you a Liebster Award. More information is here - http://dimensionoffashion.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-nomination-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore that bronzer shade! There's been so much hype around this cheek palette... I'm starting to become really tempted by it!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit pricey for what it is, but it does look great, especially on nicely tanned skin.
    Absolutely loving your blog! Following on GFC & bloglovin! Would love it if you checked out my latest post :) xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the original and disliked it at first but now I love the bronzer. Still can't get along with the highlighter though xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks perfect for travelling!! Great review <3 I'm back to blogging after a year of hiatus and it would really mean a lot if you check it out. :)

    theeverydayritual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so tempted to get this it's so pretty! Great review lovely :)

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this product. want it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may get this - il look into colours that suit me.
    This looks promising and perfect for travelling
    Lovely review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...