Illamasqua Brow cake (Thunder);

Sunday 5 January 2014





Hello Lovelies;

You'll know how much I love the HD Brows kit - Well, that hasn't changed. I wanted to get a powder brow colour that doesn't have three other shades in it that I don't, or hardly ever use. Keeping my daily make up in my make up bag, it's just annoying having something so big for one colour - introducing Illamasqua Brow Cake... 

This is a single eyebrow colour designed to fill in your brows making them look fuller and darker. You can apply it more lightly, or intense depending on how full on you'd like your brows to be.  The packaging is the same as the other illamasqua packaging with the curved edges, though this one has a mirror in which some of the flatter products don't have (Gleam Highlighter etc..) It's small so fits perfectly into any make up bag. You get 4.5g of product which is think is pretty reasonable as it'll last ages!

The product it'self is great. The pigmentation is amazing as any Illamasqua product is. I have the shade Thunder which is a dark brown - perfect for my brows! It lasts on your brows throughout the day, even through wind, rain and believe me, I've really tested it against the weather! The product is easily applied, though it doesn't come with a brush which is a pain - I used the Real Techniques Detailer Brush, and it worked really well. You can buy a brush specifically for your brows though. 

Would I buy this again? Right now I am loving using the Soap and Glory Archery just to add flicks of brows in, though if I want more defined brows and to fill them is as a pose to adding little flicks with a felt brow tint this is the perfect product for you. I would buy this again if it ever ran out, but with the HD brows and this, I won't need to for a long while.

Have you tried Illamasqua Brow Cake?
What's your favourite Eyebrow powder to use?

2 comments:

  1. I am currently working with a brow gel like formula that you make from powder and the brow gel, should i make the switch to a powder?!
    http://kuwcoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh I've only used the Maybelline Brow Drama, and never made it from powder and gel. This is great at filling in your brows, but won't tame them like a gel product would - if you want them to stay place, a tinted/clear brow gel would be best (maybelline Brow Drama) for filling in I highly recommend the Illamasqua Brow Cake. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...