Contouring with an Eyeshadow;

Sunday 19 April 2015


Hello Lovelies;

I love the idea of using products that aren't for their specific use - Using eyeshadow to not only highlight, but contour as well is something that works very well if you have the correct shade.

I use the Ingot Freedom System Matte eyeshadow in 390 (left shade)- This is a gorgeous light browny beige with a grey undertone which creates the perfect shadow - You can also use MAC Omega which is a bit more expensive, but it does come in packaging. The Ingot Pan alone costs £5.

I pick this over my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting powder. Because it's a lighter tone it isn't as harsh against my fair skin and I don't have to blend it as much. I love that I can also use this duo day to day as a normal eyeshadow...As they were intended for. You can also use a contour for eyeshadow as well xD I did a post a while ago about the Naked Basic Palette and it's many uses - Naked2 was also the perfect contour shade and very similar to 390. NYX Taupe has always been mentioned as a lovely contour shade, but I've never got my hands on it to test it.


The brush I use to contour is Zoeva 105 Luxe Highlight brush...Yeah, it makes an amazing contour brush and is a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Contour Brush.

Do you contour?
What contour product do you use? What brush do you use?
Would you use an eyeshadow to contour?

8 comments:

  1. I did think about neutral eyeshadows for contouring, I've got to admit I've never actually tried it, but I want to! I've been looking at tips and techniques to do it, I think I should just give it a go!

    I really like your brush too, I may have to get myself a new one, mine is so old now haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great way of duo using products ^.^ xx

      Delete
  2. The effect is really good - I never think of using products to do other jobs - but this looks great.

    #UKBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar colours of eyeshadow that I don't use (One is a highlighter too!)
    I never even thought to use it for contouring.
    What a fabulous idea, thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lovely. It's great way to multi use products xx

      Delete
  4. Hoola is a gorgeous shade! I'm a bit too pale for it to be used contouring though. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Casey, Pretty interesting - I will be looking more into contouring - and especially loving the products and shades you have shared - thank you :)

    www.askcoachdonna.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...