The Perfect Base duo;

Thursday 5 February 2015


Hello Lovelies;

I haven't really worn any base in the last few months with my skin being so terrible - If it isn't dry skin, my eczema is playing up and my skin isn't in any state to wear anything apart from under eye concealers. I bought the 'Beauty Blender' as I was told it's better than the Real Techniques version and I've been wearing a base ever since.

Using a sponge is so much better for my skin - there isn't any buffing which has been making my skin more dry and irritated and just leaving foundation streaky and uneven. The Beauty Blender is completely different. I apply little dots of foundation where I need it and just bounce this on the foundation buffing it into the skin without being harsh. I don't know if anyone else uses this product 'dry' but I always run it under water and towel dry it a bit to get rid of some moisture then use it to blend. For some reason this just leaves my foundation flawless and blended so perfectly. It doesn't annoy my skin at all and is just perfect for dry skin.

Cons? The size is a bit annoying - I use ordered the 'micro beauty blender' to use when I travel but because I live out of a make up bag having to make sure this drys correctly is annoying. You can buy a little mesh bag to put it in and allow it to dry correctly but it's £16?! So, I decided to get two micro ones for £13 which is a lot better. I only bought the beauty blender and haven't tried cleaning it with my normal brush cleanser - I'm sure it'll be fine (fingers crossed) I love the bright colour, but so does Alec - I've kept my Real Techniques one for him to play with as he does like the orange colour.

Compared to RT? I find the Beauty Blender is a lot softer, can absorb more water and just leaves your skin looking more even. The RT version isn't as squeezable and it just left my skin a bit uneven and took more work. It did make my skin a bit red like my brushes (yes, that's how sensitive it is) but this didn't do that as it doesn't drag at all. I love using my Dior Star Foundation with it - It's a semi matte and stays put all day - With a brush this just looks terrible on my skin but with a beauty blender my skin looks natural but a flawless natural (if you get my drift). I'm so happy with this duo and right now my dry skin and eczema isn't flared so all is good! 

Have you tried the beauty blender?
Do you prefer this or another brush/sponge?
What's your favourite duos? 

8 comments:

  1. I found Dior Star clings to my dry patches? Do you have this problem? Can you combat it?
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do if I don't prep right - I cleanse (LE Cleanse and Polish) and use a good moisturiser (Nivea original). I let it settle in for a few minutes (usually make a drink/do it first thing when I wake up) and use the Beauty Blender - Tbh a lot of foundations clung to my dry skin until I swapped brushes or finger application for a sponge - I think the moistness of it helps foundation settle into dry skin a lot better.

      Sorry for the essay! I hope this helps :) The foundation was just sitting in my draw till I changed my technique and now I use it daily Xx

      Delete
  2. I didn't get on with my RT sponge and so gave up bothering to try others, but I never even though to use it wet - I might have to invest in a beauty blender and give it a go.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does work A LOT better when it's wet, squeezed and towel dried (not completely, just so it isn't soaking wet). I highly recommend the Beauty Blender. They have Micro ones (meant to be for concealer) but it works just as well for foundation - they're 2 for £13 on BeautyBay ^.^ Which is cheaper than the original - I've ordered some for travel and will be doing a comparison post when they arrive xx

      Delete
  3. Hi! I have nominated you and your lovely blog for Liebster Award! http://petrushevskadespina.blogspot.com/2015/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy buen post! Yo también he utilizado el maquillaje de Dior y es genial!
    Te sigo. Te espero en mi blog y te invito a seguirme :) http://addictforyou96.blogspot.com.es/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy buen post! Yo también he utilizado el maquillaje de Dior y es genial!
    Te sigo. Te espero en mi blog y te invito a seguirme :) http://addictforyou96.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to try this foundation for so long, that and the beauty blender, but i cannot justify spending $20 on a sponge.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...