A little Highlight;

Wednesday 7 May 2014



Hello Lovelies;

I'm a lover of the glowing and dewy look and highlighters play a role a great role in achieving this look. I've tried many a highlighter in my make up years and I wanted to introduce you to a few of them which I'm enjoying at the moment. These are all smaller sizes so if you keep your make up in a bag like me, you'll enjoy the mininess of these items. 

The Topshop 'Glow' highlighter in Polished doesn't look like much at all in its little tub. It just looks like a white cream - okay, how will this make me glow? When you apply it it transforms into a champagne pink iridescent sheen. This looks really beautiful on your cheeks. If you're looking for a dupe for the Illamasqua Gleam Highlighter for a fraction of the price this is your product! They both have a pink champagne iridescent glow. You get 4g's of product You can get this in a golden shade called 'Sun beam' This is priced at around £9 so it's round £10 cheaper than Illamasqua. It isn't an overally cheap highlighter but it's well worth the money. You use so little each time so for £9 it's a great investment. 

I've never been caught up with the how 'benefit tints' craze, and High Beam by Benefit, well, It's a lovely highlighter. I have the smaller size which is 4ml - I really love this size and it's plastic so not as heavy. It's easily blended and just looks really natural. This is a loved product by so many bloggers and I can understand why. I've used the 'High Lights' dupe which is around £3...? They're basically the same, so if you want it and cannot afford the silly price tag, try the dupe as the only difference is the name and company. I'll keep using this though as it's so dinky and great to travel with - you don't need a brush to apply it which is a bonus. 

My newest highlighter is the Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla - This is a dinky 1.8g's of product which is full size...This is different than any other highlighter I've used. This is a 'matte highlighter' it doesn't contain shimmer/glitter. It's more a 'light from within' glow and it's really natural. This also have a touch of coverage as well. People have described it as a concealer/highlighter hybrid. I was shocked at the £20 price tag for 1.8g's (you do get an applicator but that's rubbish and was chucked). So, is this worth it? It's you're looking for a matte highlighter and not wanting shine/glitter this is for you. It does have a glow' but it's so light and natural. I'm really in two minds about it, though I wanted to share it with you all to get your opinions on it as well...


What's your favourite highlighters?
Do you even use one?
Do you/would you use a matte highlighter?



7 comments:

  1. I have the Topshop highlighter and I love it - it blends so effortlessly into the skin and leaves a gorgeous natural glow - definitely worth it for the price X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been my go to one for the past few weeks. I love love love it. Can't believe I haven't tried it before. xx

      Delete
  2. I loveeeeee the Topshop glow pot! One of my fave products :) x

    http://keepupwithkatieallen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Cannot believe I've taken so long to find it. Xx

      Delete
  3. I've recently started using nars's Copacabana highlighter which works really well but I always think you have to be really good with a blending blue otherwise highlighter's can go SO wrong, especially liquid ones!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried one of their multiples before but never their liquid highlights. They're on my wishlist! They can look unnatural if you don't blend well enough...That's why I love the Laura Geller one. It's soo natural. Xx

      Delete
  4. I'm really curious about that topshop one! The consistency is really intriguing!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...