Calming Those Curls;

Monday 28 April 2014


Hello lovelies;

Every time I brush my hair, well you can see it goes into a frizz mess and all my curls have been brushed out. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help get my curls/waves back and get rid of any frizz as it's not a good look for anyone! I've used three products on my hair, and managed to get it back to a presentable state without need of heat, and not weighing my hair down.

After brushing my hair, I spray some Redken Curvaceous Wind Up Spray in it - This is a 'Reactivating spray for loose waves to curly spirals. I sprayed this to the ends of my hair where I wanted the curls to be. This spray is amazing - I used to use 'Salt Sprays' to get my curls back after brushing them out, but this is just the perfect spray as it doesn't 'matte' your hair or make it look dry/crunchy. It does what it says and reactivate your curls. If you curl your hair this would do a brilliant job of getting them back. I had a big job of hunting this down, though you can buy in on Amazon currently but with £10 shipping fee as they aren't readily sold in the UK (here) I'm going to stock up with only 6 left. You can use this with wet hair though I haven't tried it yet so I cannot comment on it - it works well on dry hair though. 

Next I use some of the lovely Charles Worthington Texturising Spray to give my hair a bit of volume. Yes, I know it isn't flat but I wanted to show you all this look as on days that I'm more 'causal' I do like leaving it using just Redken and Charles to give a more 'beachy' effect to my hair. I just sprayed some of this to my roots and worked it in to give a bit of volume to the look. This spray is again, amazing. It gives so much volume to your hair, and it holds so well - more like a volumising hairspray. I always use this on my roots on days where I've used a bit of dry shampoo as that can make your hair look so flat. This just brings it back to like. Like backcombing in a bottle. 

 If you want to polish off the look and give yourself more sleek waves/curls, I love the Toni&Guy Shine Gloss Serum - This just sleeks everything and adds shine whilst not weighing my hair down. Just a pump rub your hands together and run them through your hair to pull the look together. Serums are a must have in my routine with my frizzy maine but this just tames everything and gives a polished look and I guess just finished everything off. I do like more polished looks depending on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. This is 'limited edition' only for the packaging I hope! I'm always looking for good hair serums and I'v found a gooden here. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I was really looking forward to writing this post as I'm trying to 'advance' my pictures and posts. For anyone else who suffers from Frizz, I feel your pain.

What's your favourite hair products?
Do you have frizz you need to calm? 
If yes, what do you use?

10 comments:

  1. I've got the Charles Worthington spray, I love it!
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing and sooo cheap compared to the Oribe spray. Xx

      Delete
  2. You hair looks lovely, especially in the second one!
    lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an amazing product, your hair looks fab! :)
    also loving your blog, followed you! would be lovely if you could check out mine?:)
    www.trustinvogue.com x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all brilliant products. Thank you, Honey. I'll be sure to check your blog out Xx

      Delete
  4. Super helpful post, your hair looks amazing, I hope this product will be more readily available in the Uk soon I really want to try :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Honey. Thank you so much. I hope it will be as well. I shall hunt it down and let you guys know if/when it is. Xx

      Delete
  5. i would like to try that spray next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find out when/if it's coming out I shall let you all know. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...