Expensive Skincare - Is It Worth The Price Tag?

Monday 22 July 2013


Source - Google Images


If you'd ask me this question about make up, or about hair care - I'd be a little more hesitant, but with skincare, more specifically  Facial care, I find that more expensive products are worth the price. When it comes to Make up - the more expensive brands are mainly due to the packaging. Companies like Lo'real, which is a high street brand own more expensive brands like YSL. With make up it's very easy to find a dupe of products. When it comes to Hair care, I personally feel that there are lots of good high street products like Aussie, Frizz Ease etc.. 

Skincare is something personal to me. I have very annoying skin. My skin is sensitive, dry with large pores on my nose and cheeks. If you get your skincare right, you make up will follow. If you have easy to manage skin, it'll be easier for you to look after it correct? Well, no. If you live in a city, your skin is still exposed to a lot of pollution and paying out for a good cleanser to keep your skin happy and clear will do it the world of good.

When I first started out wearing make up, I used to wear Nivea and Simple products - don't get me wrong they were good, but since using more expensive products my skin has thanked me so much. I used to have really bad dry skin and these two brands didn't help - once I changed my skin care my skin just cleared up and I've never looked back.

Here's a few brands/products that I love:-

Michael Todd - Intensive Organic Eye Cream - This is the ONLY eye cream that's got rid of my dark circles

Ren - I love their whole Sensitive skincare range - They cater for all skin types. Their masks are to die for

Pai - Another sensitive skincare range - this one concentrates on sensitive skin with other types i.e Sensitive/dry skin Sensitive/Combo' skin etc..

La Roche Posay - Another great brand you can easily buy from Boots - Good for anyone to use. 

Emma Hardie Cleansing balm - My favorite cleanser. It's so lovely and refreshing! Can't fault it. This has really made a difference

Origins - Mainly organic skincare which is great for my sensitive skin

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - This is a holy grail dry skin savior - their hot cloth cleanser isn't half bad either



Hope you all had a great weekend! x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...