Top 5 Highlighters;

Friday 3 January 2014



Highlighters come in all different shapes, sizes and textures. You can get loose powders, cream, gel etc.. highlighters. A while ago, I went through a highlighter stage. I tend to go through stages of wanting/buying only cream blushers, or nail polishes, and the latest one has been bath oils...Back to the point! It's no secret I love glowing skin over matte - to achieve this look a good highlighter is key. I've got a few here to show you all, and talk you through. 

I'm more of a fan of powder highlighter over anything else. I find if I wear a powder to set my make up, and wear a cream highlighter over that it just picks up the powder product and just looks odd. Powders are easily applied, easy to get the right amount of product and easily blendable if you get too much.

The first product I am going to tell you all about, is the Urban Decay Sell Out Eye shadow - this isn't marketed as a highlighter, but I use it for one because it's just amazing. It isn't too shimmery, and just gives you a natural glow. You can use eye shadows as powder highlighters if you get the right shade, and make sure there isn't any chunky bits of glitter in them. This is satin smooth, and the powder is so fine that it just blends into your skin, giving a lovely glow. The packaging is the sleekest out of all of them, and the smallest. You only get 1.5g of product though. This is a champagne colour with a pink undertone. Perfect for my skin tone.

A good drug store product that I know a lot of people like, and it's the Soap and Glory Glow All Out Face Powder - This is the second cheapest of all the products. I'm not a big fan of the Soap and Glory packaging, though this product is a winner. It's a peachy-pink toned highlight and blends in beautifully to create a natural glow. This look a bit too peachy in the pan, but it does blend out well to look more natural and not over the top. Again, it's a fine powder that isn't too chunky. 

A cream highlight which is much loved, and  talked about the Benefit Watts Up Highlighter - This is a very soft highlighter. It's a golden champagne colour which is lovely in summer time. I do really like this as a cream blush, and the packaging is a bonus. I've only recently bought this, but I've worn it a lot since then. It's easily blendable, and perfect for anyone who is a bit scared of highlighters. It's great if you have pale skin like myself, as it isn't over the top. It really does give a soft highlight to any area you apply it to. 

The cheapest product of them all, and a stern favourite of mine is the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlight - This really is a beautiful highlight. It's such a soft champagne pink, much like the Urban Decay Sell Out. This is a cheaper version of it with more product. The emboss of this, is much like a MAC launch from a while ago - which is a big selling point for it. If you want a cheap highlight, you can't go wrong with this. I think it's around £3 which is amazing. If you're new to make up, and want a decent highlight, you've found it!

Another cream blush that doesn't get enough hype, is the Illamasqua Gleam Highlight in Aurora - This is just soososososo stunning. I've recently re-purchased this, as Alec got his mitts into my other one and I just couldn't revive it. This is a cream version of the Urban Decay Sell Out. I really do love this as a highlight...Probably more than the Benefit Watts Up. It's still soft and natural, with a more pinky gold undertone (rose gold, but more rose than gold). It's strange, but yeah. I wish it was a bit more easy to blend, but colour wise, it's the most beautiful of the all. 


That's it for my top 5 highlighters. I hope you've enjoyed that and I'm sure I'll get a highlight craving again soon, and will purchase a lot more to write about.

What's your top Highlighter?
Have you tried any of these products?

10 comments:

  1. Never really tried using one. Hehe. But you have great reviews going on, may want to check some beauty shops to check these things out! Thanks for sharing!

    REAlity Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These products are a great place to start - maybe the MUA one? ^^ X

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's so beautiful and cheap. One of the best budget highlighters around. x

      Delete
  3. I'd choose glowy skin over matte anyday! Great post! That Illamasqua product looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illamasqua highlight is so gorgeous on the skin. x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful products. My skin is a little oily, so I almost always go for the matte ones, but I definitely like the glowy ones, too!

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always scared to apply highlighter to my face!
    I feel that my oily skin will make it look worse through out the day.
    I really loved YSL's Touche..maybe I'll give other highlighters a chance!
    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A highlighting concealer may be a good choice. You can just apply it after you've powdered/matted your face and it won't make your face look oily - Just a little applied to your cheek bones. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...