New Years Resolution (Beauty and other bits);

Wednesday 1 January 2014



Hello Lovelies;

HAPPY NEW YEAR - I know that's normally said at midnight, buy hay!

Hope you've all had a lovely new year. It's that time of the year again, though I've never really done resolutions, but this year I am hoping to do, and stick to them. There are some beauty ones, and some more lifestyle ones. I've tried to keep them simple though, because otherwise, I know I won't stick to them.

Wash make up brushes more often - This is something I hardly do which is really naughty. Even if you don't use the brushes, they get dust and dirt on them which transfers on your skin upon use. 

Get rid of old make up - I'm pretty known for doing this, though if I still have old make up, I guess it means I haven't really liked using it..? I need to clear out my mascara as they get germs on (throw away every 6 months), and germs in your eyes are never good. 

Drink more water - I'm not really bad at this. I tend to go on 2 hour walks every weekend, and always take water with me, and always drink it with meals.

Use up a whole face base - I've never actually used up a full face base. I came close to finishing the Bourjois Healthy Mix last year, but my skin tone changed and got a lot lighter during pregnancy, and the 52 was too dark for me (hopefully I can finish it off this summer). I am getting closer and closer to finishing the NARS Tinted Moisturiser though.

Get up to 1000 Followers - Wishful thinking? I've been so grateful with all the new followers on the blog, and I know 1000 may be a bit out of reach, but I can hope right? 

Use up 1 or maybe 2 Body moisturisers - I always finish facial moisturiser, but body ones I hardly ever do. I am currently loving the Vaseline Cocoa Body Butter - I used up the lotion last year, but that had less product. I do have over 10 body moisturisers though I still want to get the Vaseline Cocoa Body Gel...

Use OPI Nail Envy once a week - I normally use this, but I only do it when I feel like it. This really helps your nails, and I need to use it to help my nails get stronger - Nails need love as well?

Use my Urban Decay Naked Basics - I never use this, and I've got no excuse not to. They're all matte apart from one, and I love matte eye shadows, so I don't know why I don't use it.  

Use my Drug store foundations more - I've got a few favourite drug store foundations, and I hardly ever use them. I've been wearing my NARS tinted moisturiser pretty much all the time. Today I've worn the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and I really love it. I'm also trying a new face moisturiser which seems to be going well. 

I'm going to be spending tonight with my little boy and Fiance - Normally we'd go see family but we're trying something new this year (plus we're going to see them next week along with Alec's Post-Op' Assessment. 

Do you have any NYE traditions?


I hope you'll all have a lovely 2014, and don't forget to keep watching this blog for more bits, bobs and beauty! 

5 comments:

  1. These all seem like great resolutions and certainly ones you could stick too! Fingers crossed for you :)

    Lucie // Fatbeautyx // My latest post ( Valentines Box Swap UK ) Vote for me in the #UKBA14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to pick ones I know I could stick to ^^ Happy New Year x

      Delete
  2. sounds like you can compile some of your resolutions to 1: stop wasting things
    i don;t mean any harm with it, just seems to me that you have trouble finishing things before buying new ones :P
    think of it this say: all that hard work, the least you can do is finish them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I genrally stick to one moisturiser, and family and friends give me things they don't use to I've complied products that I didn't buy/won't use. I am going to sort them all out though, and either pass them on or get rid of them. X

      Delete
  3. These all seem like reasonable resolutions you can stick to, I really need to wash my makeup brushes more, I'm lucky if I do it once a month, oops!

    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...