Best of Beauty '13;

Thursday 2 January 2014


Hello Lovelies;

So, '13 is gone! I can't believe the year has gone so fast. I know a lot of people say that, but it's true. I've made a lot of beauty finds this year..I've really thought about what I am going to add, and if I still use the products etc... I wanted to really pick the best, and y beauty knowledge and stash has greatly improved since the start of the year, and I'm going to share with you all the best of '13



Make up

I've gained a lot of make up favourites over the whole year, but there are some that have really stood out. For a primer, it's got to be the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. I am actually nearly running out of this, but I love it. It's so soothing on my skin, and it's like a watery gel which is perfect for my dry skin. My make up glides on a dream, and it stays out for longer with this. It also helps with my dry skin as I feel like my skin drinks it up. For a base, I've got a few picks...A high coverage one, well, that has to be the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. If I need my foundation to last, this is the ticket. It's got great coverage, and can be a bit annoying for drier skin, but for the most part this foundation is so gorgeous! A lighter face base, can you guess? NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. I've been using this for the past two months, and I never thought I'd wear a tinted moisturiser, but thanks to my skincare regime getting a kick in the ass, my skin is so much better, and I happily wear this daily! Powder time, and my lovelies it cannot be a best of without adding the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. I've got a lot of powders, and I give up on them, but not you Hourglass! I hate that you're so expensive, but you have my heart for face powders! Let's talk 'brows..Nice and easy, that's how I like it. Nothing is better or easier than the HD Brows in Foxy. I'm sooo glad I finally got this! I am currently growing my brows to full bloomage (is that even a word?) Anyway, this is a great powder for full on, or soft brows. Right now mine are more full on, because I need something to define them over the hairs growing through...Explains why I don't have any selfies, or eye/eyebrow pictures up. 



Skincare

I've used a lot of skincare products that has done my skin so much good this year. I've really got into a proper skincare regieme and that's cleared up a lot of skin problems for me. The Clarins Gentle Exfoliator has really helped clear up a few problems for me. I've always hated exfoliating, and this really was a break through for me. This is a chemical exfoliant rather than a bead one, which is a lot easier to use not, and more lazy as well. Since using this my skin has cleared up so much, and my pigmentation has got a lot better. Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Refinisher (not pictured as bottle smashed) this has been the biggy for getting rid of my pores. Since using this, my pores have basically closed up and I feel a lot more confident about my skin. I had LARGE pores on my nose, but now it's smooth and basically clear! Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream this cream has really helped with my dry skin, and until a week ago it was the best product I'd ever used to clear it up. I don't know if I skin has gotten used to it, or what, but I'm now trying Pai Dry Ski Cream and that's been pretty good so far. For a all over body moisturiser, it has to do to Vaseline Cocoa Body Butter this has got to be my favourite moisturiser to use and it smells so good! I've got two tubs of it, but this is the only one I've stuck with. 




Haircare

For haircare, it's been a bit of an odd one this year. I've found some good, and bad products to use. There's a few I've carried on using, and they really help my hair. It's a 10 Miracle Leave in Product is something I use every time after I've washed my hair. It's been the only hair product I've continued to use throughout the year. It makes my hair soft, and less frizzy. My hair is naturally curly and this leaves it in the best natural condition it can be. I have naturally curly hair, but when I have to comb it to get through, I lose those curls...I could just not brush but then my hair looks a mess, so I use the Sachajuan Ocean Mist, or the Redken Wind Up Spray to get those curls back, instead of my hair being a knotted mess. I've really loved using the Dove Leave in Hair Oil for giving my hair a bit of loving when it's dry (as a pose to wet). It's a lovely product to give your hair some soft, and natural shine. I have thick hair, but I'd think it wouldn't be a problem for fine hair either, as it's so lovely and light.

This is it for the best of 2013! It's been a good year, and I'm sure I'll find a lot more skincare beauties next year to tell you all about, until then, keep reading A Topsy Turvy Blog for fashion, beauty and other bits and bobs!

What are your top products of '13?

2 comments:

  1. NARS products are great and I love the cocoa vaseline! :)

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cocoa butter as well, would like to try the it's a 10 conditioner, have read good things about it.
    www.naomitalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...