The Perfect Rosy Eyeshadow;

Wednesday 18 December 2013






Hello Lovelies;

With all this talk about the new Naked 3 palette, this is the perfect time to do a do this post. The Naked 3 palette is more of a rosy toned palette. I've decided not to buy it, as rosy toned eye shadows don't best suit me - Enter the NARS Single Eye shadow in Nepal. 

This is a gorgeous rosy toned, natural everyday eye shadow. It's a shimmering pink - more like a rose gold colour and It looks so natural, and it great for natural eye shadow lovers. It looks a lot darker in the pan - but on the lids it gives a lovely lighter wash of rose on your eye lids. This is part of their shimmer eye shadow range. If you want to get a rosy toned eye shadow, but can't get the naked 3 palette for one reason or another, this may be the perfect thing. These come in at a whopping £18 each. You don't get as much value as you'd get with the palette, but I'd prefer to pay £18 and know I'd use it a lot, rather than only use one or two of the shadows in the palette. 

You can apply this more sheerly, by applying it dry, or dampen the brush to get a more intense colour. I've been using this daily for awhile now, and I adore it. I normally pick between eye shadow, or more intense lips. Having big eyes, I can't do both unless it's a matte, natural eye shadow. 

The NARS eye shadows are so dinky, there won't be any problem in fitting it in any make up bag. You get 2.2g per single eye shadow - which is more than you'd get with a single colour in a palette. You get it in the normal NARS packaging with a small mirror inside which is big enough to apply this eye shadow, but for doing other make up you'd need something bigger. 

Even though I don't need any more eye shadows, I really want to invest in some more. I think NARS eye shadows are on par with Urban Decay. I like the look of Biarritz - it's part of their matte eye shadows, and is just a natural flesh toned beige. 

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful color...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey 'Nessa.

      I'm a big fan of your blog and I'm already following you on Bloglovin ^.^

      Casey X

      Delete
  2. This is one of those colors that doesn't look that appealing in the pan, but has some serious hidden potential because it's SO pretty in the swatch. I love colors like this that are kind of a dusty/rosy color, it reminds me of the Benefit blush, Dallas; it doesn't look like anything special until you put it on your skin and it's so beautiful!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit misleading, but such a pretty colour when you wear it. I haven't tried Benefit's Dallas - I'm interested now though

      Casey x

      Delete
  3. I've never experimented with rosy tones, but with this and the naked 3 palette, I've been excited to dive into the world of rosy tones :)
    I think I will pick up the Naked 3 palette, but I'm going to check this shade out too!
    thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them before buying this! I'm defiantly recommend trying this. If you know you'd wear the different shadows a lot, the Naked 3 palette is a great choice.

      Casey x

      Delete
  4. I love NARS eye shadows soo much, this shade is just a perfect all round kind of colour

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...