Speckle Nails;

Wednesday 4 December 2013



I've been lusting after the Illamasqua Speckle effect nail polish for ages, so when I saw the L'Oreal Confetti Top Coat I was hooked. There is a clear difference, with the L'Oreal one being a top coat, it sits on top whilst the Illamasqua one is mixed in with the polish, leaving the dots under a thin coating of polish on top.

I prefer this over the Illamasqua one tbh. It's cheaper, it's on top of the nail so looks better, and you can pick the bottom coat - though, I've chosen the same colours as the Illamasqua one to see the difference. I do think it looks gorgeous under lighter polishes. I'm the first to admit, I am no good at applying nail polish, you can tell from my half ass attempt (ie, the picture above).

Whist removing the varnish, I found it to be rather annoying. The bottom coloured layer came off, whilst the spotty top coat stayed on. I had to scrape it off my nails leaving them damaged and myself not really happy. I just the Bourjois 1 second nail varnish remover and that has always worked! None the less, it looks really good. I've had a few compliments about my nails when I wear it...Most of them have said that it looks professional which is great news for a under £7 top coat! 

I recommend this, even if it is a pain to get off, I find that most glittery polish is like that, so this isn't that bad. I was rather amazing when the bottom layer disappeared though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...