My Favorite Eye Bases;

Saturday 13 July 2013



Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow
This is my favorite of the two bases. It isn't as long lasting, but it's the most natural of the two. It's a nude beige colour, and it goes with my skin tone very well. It's a matte finish so it looks very skin like for me, but ofc that depends on your skin tone. It's great at correcting any discoloration on your and eyelids, and you can wear it alone, or as a base to make your eyeshadow last longer. During the Spring and Summer season, I've just been wearing this, and some waterproof mascara on my eyes as they're so irritated by the hay fever This is also an amazing contour colour for anyone with pale skin. I don't normally use it to contour, but as a duo product for anyone that likes a cream contour and eyeshadow base, this is perfect. For £17, you may think it's a bit ott, but it's well worth it. It's very compact and easy to fit in any make up bag. I love products that don't overdo the packaging and just use as little as they need - Compact, that's the word! It's lightweight and made of plastic (see picture below for swatch)







Mac's Paint Pot in Painterly
This is my second favorite matte eye base. Again you can use this product alone, or as a base. This is longer lasting than the Illamasqua Cream Pigment. I swatched the Mac and Illamasqua, left them for 10 minutes and tried to wipe them off with my hand - and the Mac didn't smudge or move at all for that matter.This is more of a pinky tone than the Illamasqua base. It's a little less unnatural, but if you use it as a base under eyeshadow it's perfect. This gets rid of any discoloration and makes your eyeshadow last a long time. The packaging is a little more bulky, but it isn't really bulky either. It's a lot more heavy because the packaging is glass and not plastic. This is retailed at £14 - again, it's more pricey. It does last a long time. (Please see picture below for swatch)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...