Hay fever Survival Kit (Pregnancy Friendly Products);

Wednesday 14 May 2014


Hello lovelies;

It's that time of the year again, whilst I like the warmth of Spring and Summer, it also brings the horrid ills of Hay Fever upon some of us. I never suffered from Hay Fever since after I was pregnant....Then last whilst I was pregnant BOOM! It hit me. I quickly got a little survival kit together, and those who are pregnant and suffer from Hay Fever I've got some products you can take (though you cannot take tablets). 

The first three things I bought whilst pregnant was Prevalin Allergy nasal spray - This does the job of eye drops and nasal balms in one. I love this product as It stops my Hay Fever in its tracks and just makes me feel normal and not all hot, itchy and bunged up. This is safe to use during pregnancy and you can use it 2-3 times a day - Perfect!! The next thing I bought was the Optrex Multi Action Eye Wash. This is like a bath for your eyes. You put the liquid in the eye shaped dish, put it onto your eye and tip it upside down. I realise it won't be most peoples cup of tea...I didn't need to use eye drops as the Prevalin stopped my eyes being too irritated but once I removed my make this was a nice relaxing and cooling treat for my eyes (suitable whilst pregnant). The next thing I bought was lots of tissues!!! I've just got the Boots own brand tissues but any pocket tissues will do. I always have tissues but I stocked up and yes, ofc you can use these whilst pregnant. 

Last year I decided to invest in some other products for my Hay Fever as I'd already had Alec and wasn't Breast Feeding I could use the Benadryl (or any allergy tablets). These are the bog standard one a day tablets. The Boots own brand ones are just as good, though you need to take tablets a few weeks before to build up your immunity. The Hay Max balm is really good if you just suffer from sneezing and a runny nose. It's a balm you apply to the outside of your nose and 100% clear so no one can tell. You can use this whilst pregnant as well. I keep this in my bag if I feel the Prevalin wearing off and need something to help my nose. It catches the pollen, though does nothing for your eyes. If you do suffer from itchy eye, you need a waterproof mascara, my favourite one is the Max Factor Clump Defy Waterproof Mascara and this just means I won't have panda eyes if my eyes are itchy or runny - Waterproof mascara are always a good idea to have! Even more so if you live in the UK! Lastly is a good eye cream - You can get ones to de puff your eyes, or to soothe them if you do suffer from itchiness. I use the Michael Todd Intensive Eye Cream and it's been amazing at soothing me eyes. I tried lots of de puffing and moisturising eye creams and they either didn't work or they irritated my eyes. This does neither and is a Godsend! It is safe to use whilst pregnant.

I hope this helps some of you that suffer. These things all make life a lot easier and used together they really help take symptoms almost always.

Do you suffer from Hay Fever?
If yes, what's in your survival kit?
Do you use any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...