Daily Face // Spring;

Monday 14 April 2014






Hello lovelies;

For the first time since I've started wearing make up, I've been 100% happy with my make up routine. Normally I use products and get different results, but this mix together works so well and I get the same look daily which I love. 

My routine starts with the Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream - This is my daily moisturiser. It's great for dry/sensitive skin, doesn't take long to blend in and is overall perfect. Next I apply the Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream under my eyes. Under my eyes is very dry and this is an intensive cream I just apply under my eyes with a cotton bud - It doesn't crease concealer and it's a intensive yet light moisturising cream. The first make up step is actually a foundation over a primer. I've tried different ones and none seem to work. I love the Seventeen On the Spot Foundation. It's light but got great coverage. My main problem is redness and this keeps it at bay all day without the need to apply any more make up. This foundation was designed for people with acne/spot prone skin. 

My concealers have been the YSL Touche Eclat - I put this in the back of my draw and forgot all about it. I decided to whip it out and give it another try and I'm loving it. I first used it when I wanted something light to wear when I wasn't feeling too peachy and it seemed to stick. I apply the YSL first and go in with the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer - Both are concealers/highlighters but which work really well. The YSL corrects as it's a peachy salmon colour (shade 1) and the Lumi Touch is more highlighting and has more coverage. They work amazingly together and gives your eyes great coverage and amazing model like 'lit from with in' eyes. 

I powder over my face with the Hourglass Lighting Powder in Diffused light. This blurs imperfections and cancels out redness. This is a holy grail product for me. I haven't worn blush in a while. It seems too overdone? I decided to give the Benefit Hervana box blush a go and it gives the most understated pink glow to your cheeks. It doesn't look like you're too overdone or you've got a lot of make up on - It's the perfect blush for spring. I apply both with Ecotools - Blush brush and Mineral Powder Brush. For a highlight I go for the 'High lights' by Technic. This is a dupe of the Benefit highlighter and I honestly prefer this one. It's just a nice simple primer. 


For my eyes I go in with the Mayeblline 'Full N Soft' mascara - This is such an underdog mascara but I promise you it's amazing! It gives such great long lashes without any clumping and they look so natural. The Soap and Glory Archery is my go to brows product. It isn't too waxy and says in place all day. You get lovely natural brows that are shaped to your liking. I sometimes add some black eyeliner to my 'tight line' just to add some 'pow' to my eyes the Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner from Rimmel works perfectly, and the eyeshadow, well I go for my Narsissist palette. I tend to go for either 'Nepal' which is a natural rosy pink which I've raved about before or the 'Ashes to Ashes' shade that's a natural soft brown colour. I just apply one of these shades all over my lid just for a little bit of love on my eyes. I love that the NARS shadows aren't too metallic as my eyes don't look good if they are. I haven't been applying lip products as I've got a bit of eczema on my lips at the moment and I'm giving them a break.


That's it for my daily face - Spring edition. I hope you liked this post. Sorry for no 'finished look post' my lips are making hitting my confidence a bit too much to be able to post a picture. 

What's your 'daily face?' Do you have any products you love for Spring/Summer?



4 comments:

  1. I find spring difficult with foundations as I lose my winter paleness, but am not tan, or olive either. My tone is a hard one to match! : /

    www.lululovesfilms.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pain! Hopefully when the spring/summer draws on you can find a good colour match. Try go for a neutral tone or get a colour match from a counter? X

      Delete
  2. awesome post! how do you like the YSL Eclat? I've started to dabble in putting makeup on my face and I was wondering if the YSL Eclat was just a highlighter. Thanks! :)

    typical tarene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Honey. I find this is too peachy for my pale skin and doesn't work as a highlighter. I use it as a corrector under my concealer to get rid of dark circles or use it by itself on lazy days as a concealer. I hope this helps xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...