Make up Menu #12;

Wednesday 9 April 2014


Hello lovelies;

I haven't done a make up menu for a little while. If you haven't seen these posts before, they give you an look into what I've been loving throughout the week in the beauty world. I've got some new, old and re-found products for you all today. 

The Seventeen On the Spot Foundation is a re-found product for me. It's meant to be for people with acne prone skin/spots - I have dry skin so yeah, this is a bit of an odd product. Why does it work for me? I have sensitive skin so it's prone to redness whenever it wishes. Most foundations show my redness after a few hours, but this has help for basically the whole day. If you have acne you may had red spots/scars and for redness this is a winner for me! I can't say if it will clear your skin up. I do use a heavy moisturiser under using this foundation, and it doesn't cling to my dry skin. I do have to powder my skin after though. It has a more satin finish (though I used the Hourglass lighting Powder) if you use a matte powder you'll have a different finish. I'm loving this foundation since I re-used it last week. It has SPF which is good for the season. I think this would be a winner with a lot of people and it's pretty cheap. It is full coverage but doesn't feel like you're wearing anything! 

My favourite mascara is the Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara - You can get a curvy brush or a normal one. This doesn't clump and leaves you with such natural long lashes. I ADORE this mascara. It's been a favourite for years and years. This is another cheap product but it acts like a £10+ mascara. another product I really recommend and it's a good one for first time make up users. I do to and through between testing make up but I always go back to this lovely. 

The Tommy Girl Perfume was my first perfume I've ever used - In high school I went on from (mainly Charlie Pink) and started using this perfume and years later I still buy it. It's such a unique scent and it's such a beautiful floral scent for spring/summer. It's £28 for 30ml but you can always find it on offer for around £15ish. I stock up when it's on offer and it normally lasts all year till the next offer. Give it a sniffle as perfume is very personal to each person, personally I love it! 

My current night cream is the Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream. This is the first cream branded a 'night cream' that's actually been moisturising enough for me to use it nightly. I always use a heavy duty moisturiser at night over using on during the day as it has all night to sink in. This is such a moisturising night cream and I do not lie, I wake up with such soft glowing skin. This doesn't feel heavy at all and it's such a moisturising cream. I think this worth a try if you're in the market for a new night cream. I normally use the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream or the Pai Dry Skin cream as a night cream but I think I've so happy with the Trilogy one that I'll be buying the full tub as I only have the 25ml one at the moment. 


What's been on your 'make up menu' recently?


1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the on the spot foundation before, but it sounds like it'd be perfect for me. What a lovely twist on the traditional foundation packaging too? x

    http://anyamaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...