Benefit Boi-ing Vs. Erase Paste;

Saturday 8 March 2014




(Top swatch - Erase Paste 01 - Bottom swatch - Boi-ing 02)

Hello Lovelies;

Today we're talking about Benefit's two most famous concealers. I know they've recently bought out 'Fake up,' but these two are concealers that Benefit have sold fair few years and are much loved by a lot of people. I asked on Twitter 'If you could use one product for the rest of your life, what would it be?' So many people commented saying 'Benefit Boi-ing' or 'Erase Paste' I can understand why. They're both amazing products, but which would suit you better?

Let's start with Boi-ing - This retails at £17.50 so the cheaper of the both, though you do get less product at 3.0g. I do like this packaging better though. It's more flat so great to travel with. Though it's just black with the logo on the clear plastic, I think it's pretty cool. It's described as an 'industrial strength concealer' which I completely agree with. It conceals a manner of sins - most of all any horrid dark circles I have on my eyes. The products itself is very thick though. I just press my finger lightly on the product, and my body heat melts the products (it's the same concept of warming a eyeliner to make it softer). I have the shade 02 which is more a summer shade for me - I really need to get 01 (light). The shade range is great though. I think they'd have a shade for everyone. For a product that's thick, it blends in well and doesn't budge all day. It's get to cover up little spots as well. 

Erase Paste is described as a 'Brightening camouflage for the eyes and face' This is basically a highlighting concealer. This retails at £19.50 and you do get 4.40g of product which is more compared to Boi-ing, but you also get more product. I do like the pink design, though the little fat pot isn't as appealing as a little thin pot personally. It isn't as concealing as boi-ing, but it does brighten your eye area. I personally like using this on top of boi-ing when my eyes are having a bad day. The products itself is much more cream and no need to warm it up at all. You go get enough for one application when you just bad your finger into the pot. This is good for people that don't need as much coverage or want a facial concealer. It isn't too bright that it cannot be used on your face. I have the shade 01 which is a perfect match for me. The shade range isn't as good as boi-ing with only three colours, but it's still good. 

So, what's the best one for you?

If you need more coverage, go for boi-ing. It really does cover all sins. Erase paste is more for people that don't have horrid dark circles, and maybe have more dull skin that could benefit from some brightening. I personally use Boi-ing daily, and sometimes use Erase paste to brighten the area I've concealed. They're both great products that deserve merit though. 

Which product do you prefer? 

13 comments:

  1. I've tried both (they both came with the camouflage set Benefit had years ago and then I got the full size boi-ing) and I personally don't know which one I love more...one day it's Boi-ing and the next it's Erase Paste...but I do need to get a new concealer..I thought about one of these, but am also thinking maybe of the MAC pro longwear concealer, because it stays put all day without creasing..or the Mineralize one...because..well...it's mineral makeup and that's supposed to be better =P

    xoRosie
    Rosie's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same - I think Boi-ing just wins slightly for me due to the coverage it gives. I need to try a few MAC concealers - I've tried the supermoisture one and it was amazing. x

      Delete
  2. I've never used either, but I'm tempted to check out Boi-ing. (: Lovely comparison, by the way.

    Popping Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Honey. It's worth checking them out ^^ x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a benefit concealer but I think I need to invest in a high end one for bad days! Black circles under the eyes is never a good look so I'd probably go for Bo-ing for higher coverage X

    Life of a Trainee Journalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :P My dark circles are a nightmare. Boi-ing is a perfect cover up concealer, that or NARS Creamy Concealer. x

      Delete
  4. I've tried both, and found Boi-ing A LOT better than erase paste. Erase paste was so drying and had a strange orange-toned colour. Boi-ing all the way! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason Erase Paste is a bit more drying on the eyes, but it's more creamy/light in the actual pot. x

      Delete
  5. The Erase Paste I have is a shade too dark so I tend to rediscover that in the summer! However, I just discovered Boi-ing and it's incredible! No need for any other with these two :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They compliment each other perfectly. Correct and highlight - Nothing more needed. x

      Delete
  6. Great post! Your blogs always make me laugh, you have a lovely manner of writing!

    Toni xx

    www.tonitownsley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Honey. That's so lovely to hear. x

      Delete
  7. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.

    potato juice for dark circles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...