Nail Care Bag;

Wednesday 11 December 2013





Hello Lovelies;

Today I'm sharing with you all 'what's in my nail care bag.' It's only been this year that I've got into nail care. I used to bite my nails so looking after nails...what nails! I love looking after my nails now, and spend once a night just treating them.

The bag I use is this bag from my Paul and Joe Make up case. Firstly I use the Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover. This is just amazing. You apply it to your cuticles, leave it on for 1-2 minutes, push your cuticles back and then wash it off with warm soapy water. Some people don't bother to remove their cuticles, but I just do it once a week and they look so much more neater than before. I wouldn't skip this step out now. 


When it comes to pushing the cuticles back, I use these simple Wooden Cuticle Pushers ones - You can buy the metal ones - I really need to tbh. One side is used to push back/remove the cuticle, and the other side I use to remove dirt from under my nails. You can buy these in bigger supermarkets, Boots, Tesco etc...

To moisturiser my cuticles/nails, I've been using the Burt Bee's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - I know it sounds daft to use a cuticle cream after removing them, but this really helps especially if you suffer from dryness. I love this, and I always pick between this, and the CND Solar Oil. They're both great - This one is better if you want to do your nails on the go as it's more of a thick balm, so worry of spillages.  

To help strenghten your nails there is NO better product than the OPI Nail Envy - My mum, sister and Nan all love this after I've used it on them, and they've all noticed such a good difference that they all asked me what it was after I've used it - lucky they asked me as they're getting it for Christmas. I wouldn't be without this product. It's a holy grail nail product for me.

The products that weren't mentioned...

I have a glass nail file, but I've left it in London. My nails are growing again, as I've recently cut them down so it isn't a major issue, but I'm going to buy another and keep that one in London. I recommend glass ones over sand paper type ones as it's better for your nails, less chance of them splitting and it gives a better file. I really recommend these ones from Ebay 

All these product are so affordable, coming in at under £6 each. This is a great started kit for anyone just getting into nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...