Beauty Talk (Tag);

Friday 13 December 2013


What beauty products have stood out to you this year?
I've had a few products that have stood out. This year my beauty knowledge has grown so much, and I've gained so many products I love because I read reviews, and swatch before buying them. Two things that have really stood out is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - This is just the perfect powder. Isn't cakey, leaves your skin glowing and is just all around beautiful. The next thing is Clarins Gentle Exfoliator - this makes exfoilating a easy treat! I won't ever go back to using other toners or exfoliators.

What beauty products would you recommend to young girls starting out? 
Most High Street brands are good. For cheap ones I'd go for Natural Collection. Their Peach Melba blush is still a favourite of mine. The Dream Lumi Touch concealer is also another high street favourite of mine. Perfect for dark circles. It's a shame that the high street doesn't offer at least one make up artist to help people starting off with foundation shades/advice on make up.

Favourite high street and high end beauty brand?
This is a hard one for the High Street. I like different brands for different things and haven't tried all brands ranges. I have to say L'Oreal. I love their True Match Foundation, Glam Shine Stain Splash, Rough Caresse etc.. I haven't tried their blush or concealers though! For High end, I'd go for NARS hands down! I love their Tinted Moisturiser, Creamy Concealer, Eyeshadows, Blushers just an amazing brand!!!

Most disappointing product?
This has got to be the 24hr Tattoos. They're just soo shiny for me - it isn't finey milled enough. Just theres something about that that makes them not look right on me. 

A beauty item you use everyday?
Hmmm. I'd go with the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. It just creates a lovely canvas on your skin and my skin just drinks it up. 

What are your essentials for winter?
I'd go with moisturiser - a good heavy duty one for your face and body. A tinted moisturiser. Even though it's tempting to go for fuller coverage, if you have dry skin is isn't any good for it. 

Favourite dramatic party look?
Erm, I don't party anymore with Alec, but I love a good winged eyeliner. I either go with dramatic eyes, or dramatic lips. Recently I've been loving more dramatic eye looks.

What's on your Christmas Wishlist (beauty wise)...?
I haven't really thought about it tbh. I really want to try the Aromatherapy Associates Bath Oil. With having eczema flare ups make up hasn't really been on my mind through worry that I may react to anything. I want to try more Tony Moly products. Maybe some more YSL Glossy Stains!



I tag everyone to do this! Don't forget to link it so we can all have a nosey ;)

4 comments:

  1. Winged eyeliner is the best haha:D Thanks for commenting on my blog! Also, I love your blog header, its so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nars Nars Nars Haha that was my response too and winged eyeliner weird haha great minds think alike

    I just did the tag too :):)

    http://wednesdayswwpink.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/beauty-talk-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love your answers! ^.^ Such a fun little post to do. Thank you for linking it so everyone can read it. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...