Sep' Favourites;

Monday 30 September 2013


Essie's Mademoiselle Nail Polish, Burts Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream, L'Occitane En Provence Mango Flower Hand Cream, CND Solar Oil Nail and Cuticle Conditioner. 


This month I've been really into nail and hand care. I go through phases with products. One month I'll go through a cream blush phase, the next a MAC blush phase etc... This month, my hands have been in the firing line - with good reason! I've been working 7am - 11pm most days, and wearing Latex free gloves have just been drying my hands and nails, so they needed attention.

Essie Mademoiselle Nail Polish - I've been using a lot this month. It's a natural 'French Manicure' polish, but it doesn't have a really pinky tone. It gives your nails a healthy glow, and just makes them look lovely and natural. It's also good if you can't wear nail varnish to work. This just makes them look natural - I can't stop looking at my nails! 

Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream - I've been using this for about a year now, and I love it! I'm not a fan on the Burts Bees hand creme as they're too greasy (if you use it overnight with gloves on it isn't too bad). This butter just moisturises your nails and leaves them looking healthy and smelling gorgeous. This is a favourite of a lot of bloggers, and I can see why. You can easily apply this whilst on the tube, train, bus or plane. What's not to love?

L'Occtaine Mango Flower Hand Cream - EK! I LOVE this hand cream. Just LOVE it. There isn't anything I dislike about it. It's very moisturizing, non greasy and smells great! Oh, wait, I dislike the price. It's around £7, but it is an amazing product for what you pay. I've got two of these products. One in my handbag and one in the house so I always have one with me. It's saving my hands, and I know I'll be using this throughout winter to keep my hands and nails healthy and not dry.

CND Solar Oil - This is a lovely moisturising oil that you use on your hands and nails. You can buy this in different sizes, and I bought the 3.7 one to test it out and I love it. This size is so cute and it's easy to put in your bag and take it wherever you need to. I like that it has a brush so it's easily applied making it less messy and more chance of correct application. The oil dries quickly and leaves your nails moisturised and natural. 


NARS Nepal Eyeshadow - This is my first NARS Single eyeshadow. It's so cute and dinky! I love the shade, and it was pushed to the back of my makeup draw for so long until I fished it out. It's a lovely natural soft pink colour, that's natural and could be used on your eyes, as a highlight or a blush. I've used it as all three and I gotta say I've fallen back in love with it. I'll be using this throughout autumn, and who knows for winter!

Benefit Fake Up Concealer - When I first bought this, I wasn't blown away, I didn't feel like it concealed well, and it wasn't the best concealer I've ever tried, but my mind has recently changed about it. It isn't a heavy or full coverage concealer, but I like how moisturising it is, and I'm happy to just use this on my face with a bit of powder and hit the road. It's good at covering under eye darkness, but I wouldn't say it lasts as long as my other concealers, but for days when you don't need it to last it's great. I have the shade 01 and it goes with my pale skin perfectly. It's also very hydrating which for someone with dry skin is perfect. I've never really used concealers on my face - I have redness but the always dry my skin out, this doesn't! 

NARS Douceur Blush - Holy Grail item coming through! Yes, I love it that much. I know, it isn't as pigmented as other NARS blushers, but I don't care. I loved it since my first application and I'm not going back. It's just so amazing in every season, goes with my skin tone beautiful and I can apply it anywhere without worry of over applying. I apply my blush with the Bloom Retractable Bronzing Brush and it's just a perfect duo together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...