Powders for dry skin;

Friday 6 September 2013







Hey everyone! Today I'm bringing you the best powders for those of us with drier skin. I only started using a powder last year whilst in Spain. It was boiling hot, and I found my skin became shiny, and I wanted to get something to stop the shine, and powders were the answer - I used Collection 2000 Shine Away Compact powder - this was great for Summer, but when got to Autumn and Winter, my skin became dry, and the powder picked up my dry skin, but I missed the lasting power it gave my make up, so my search for perfect powders for dry skin (all year round) began! Here's my perfect 3 powders.

1:- Soap and Glory Powder in One Heck of A Blot £11 - This is a finely milled, translucent powder that's basically a powder blot, instead of using blotting paper. It is great for getting rid of shine, and because I don't have oily skin, it just makes my make up last all day, though I found it hasn't taken the dewiness away from my foundation. It doesn't make your face look white, or change the colour of your foundation. This is the budget of all the powders, and I know it's a favourite of a few bloggers.

2:- Mac Skinfinish Natural in Light £20 - This was the first powder I tried after trying collection 2000. After reading reviews on it, I thought this would be great to keep my make up lasting, and add a small amount of coverage whilst being natural. This just gives you a more natural, flawless finish. You get a lot of product for your money, and it's the second cheapest of the three. This is a beautiful powder and is again finely milled, so it doesn't annoy dry skin. 

3:- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light £38 - This is my favourite of all the powders, and the most expensive (eeek). This is such a clever powder. It has really, really fine shimmer in it, so it catches light in the right places to make your skin look beautiful. It softens fine lines and pores - kind of like photo retouching in powder form. You can get different kinds of the powder - Diffused light has a soft yellow tint which gets rid of redness, and I have to say it does a great job. It's got bulky packaging but I still love it. I cannot wait for the Hourglass lighting powder Wardrobe to come out in October! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...