June Favorites;

Wednesday 3 July 2013





Face Bases


Laura Mercier Creme Silk Foundation:- I only purchased this last week, and I've been loving it so much. It was the foundation I took with me to Oxford, which I generally don't do unless I've had the foundation for awhile - I only had it for 3 days. It gives a very natural finish which I love the most about it. It's very light on the skin and it's a perfect skin match. When I went into SpaceNK I had a few minutes before Alec's feed, and I got the shade 'Cream Ivory' and not 'Soft Ivory' like I planned - though it is a good match for my skin (I guess I tan quicker than I thought?)

Kevyn Aucoin Tinted Balm - I started off badly with this balm - When I first applied it, it felt too light, and drying for my skin. I tried lots of different moisturisers but none of them worked until I tried my Oilatum Face Repair cream - I put this moisturiser to one side because I found it too thick, but PixiWoo made me try it again with this balm and they're a perfect match.



Eyes


Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Taupe - I love using this eyeliner as an all over base, on my water line or as normal eyeliner. It's a lovely natural colour that you can use with so many looks. It stays in place all day and doesn't crease. I used to use the Nude shade more, but this is a lot more flattering with my skin tone and eyes.

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - I haven't owned this for very long, and it's my first Mac Paint Pot. I wasn't dissapointed at all. This is a perfect as a base, or used alone if you apply it lightly. It's a skin toned pink colour that is very flattering for a lot of skin tones. It doesn't crease or budge all day.

Bits 'N' Bobs


Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water - Water in can, doesn't sound that good or exciting right? WRONG! This is an amazing multi purpose spray. I use it so much it's really the love of my beauty products right now. When it's been hot I've been using it to cool down. I use it as part of my skincare routine and when I do my make up as well. I don't know where I'd be without it. The best thing about it is that it stays cold and refreshing due to it being in a can.

This Works Sleep Balm - Another product I've only just recently bought. I sometimes have trouble sleeping, and pills aren't the answer when you have a young child. I was worried I wouldn't wake up if I needed to, so I went down the balm route and bought this lovely little pot of goodness. It's really lovely and it's very calming for when you need to sleep. So far it's worked well, but I've only used it a few times. I'll do a few review soon but so far I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...