Make Up Menu;

Wednesday 28 October 2015


Hello Lovelies;

I haven't done a make up menu in a while and it seems very overdue. This is a list of beauty products that I've been loving recently. I'm never good at keeping up with 'monthly' favourites at the end of the month and these posts are great alternatives. 

A base that I really disliked when I first tried, to using daily is the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation - I wear the shade Fair 1 which is pretty perfect for my pale skin. It hasn't got full coverage, but this and the RT Buffing Brush together is a perfect mix. It has the perfect amount of coverage with still looking natural. Not matte, but not very dewy - it's more of a stain finish which I love. My skin is very dry and dull so the finish is good for my skin. 

The Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Highlight is another product that helps add glow back into your skin. It is a go to highlight for me. If I wanted a cream one it would be the Benefit Watts Up, but this is the perfect powder one and I would happily say I could use it for the rest of my life. It isn't chunky or glittery - Just so gorgeous and bendable to add light to your face. 

My dark circles have been very very dark recently. Doing nightshifts and with Alec up during the night with his eczema I've been going on such little sleep it's killer. I've been turning towards the YSL Touche Eclat to get rid of this problem. This is perfect under my Clarins Instant Concealer and it just gets rid of the blue and green tones under your eyes. I feel so much more wide awake when I've used this under a concealer. 

With autumn the back an autumn blush is needed and the NARS Douceur is my favourite blush all year round. I'm so annoyed this discontinued it - I know there are other blushes similar though. This just has a way of sculpting your face and making your face look transformed. It's very light and difficult to over use this in my opinion. It isn't too pigmented but that's a brilliant thing with this blush. This is another product that If I could only have 1/2 blushers it would be my go to. 

Lastly is the Tom Ford Lipstick in Casablanca which is a lovely autumn shade. It reminds me of MAC Plumful but a bit darker. It's a perfect shade for anyone that's just getting into bolder lips and wants an autumn shade. I'm all about berry and plum shades atm and this one has been worn a lot. I only have the smaller lipstick but as soon as it runs out I'm getting the bigger version.

What's on your make up menu?
Do you use any of these products?
Do you prefer these posts or monthly favourites?

4 comments:

  1. I have Touche Eclat, its a must have product for under eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a brilliant selection of makeup! the tom ford lipstick looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hightlight looks so pretty! and that colour of lipstick looks so universal, id wear it all year round.

    Much Love,
    Umber of www.umberphoenix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shade of Nars blush and I want to try out Touche eclat so bad, it seems to be a cult favorite

    Sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...