Signs of Autumn;

Thursday 3 September 2015




Hello Lovelies;

Some people consider September 1st as the start of Autumn, technically it doesn't start until Sep' 23. I always start to feel the autumn vibe around and notice and do little changes to help myself get ready for autumn. 


Scent is a big thing for me - I do love candles but I am very wary when burning them. I decided to pick up a room scent as well. I went for the M&S Green Fig Room Spray which smells amazing. I love the Diptyque Figuier which is a fig scent as well - It's so warming and reminds me of being on a Greek island with the sun beaming down. I don't get the warming feeling as much as it isn't a candle, but it still brings back memories and makes everything feel fresh and cosy. 

Peppermint tea and hot chocolate are a big signal for me that Autumn and Winter is here. I drink TOO much during these seasons. I will make a homemade hot chocolate post for you all and I also want to try out peppermint hot chocolate. I am obsessed with the Starbucks White Hot Chocolate but I found the perfect way to make it at home without need of the high price. Peppermint tea is daytime drink for me and it's very cosy and relaxing.

Come Autumn the vamps start coming out..By that I mean vampy lipstick, flawless skin, golden eyes, red lips, berry just everything I love. I am a big berry, plum, dark lip lover and it's all coming out in full swing. I know it doesn't have to be autumn to wear these styles, but I love how it's an indicator. Personally, Charlotte Tilbury (bond girl and love liberty), Revlon Black Cherry, MAC Diva, MAC Plumful is all perfect make up autumn shades

For some reason I seem to read a lot more during autumn/winter. I love snuggling up and reading a good book more than I do in summer. I a lot more active in summer and though they say a 'summer by starts in winter' I am a cosy winter and autumn person. Right now I'm reading 'The Reason I Jump by David Mitchell' It's such an inspiring book about a young boy living with autism and his voice. It isn't my normal reading style but something about it stood out to me and I haven't been able to put it down since. 


Autumn for me is also the perfect time to stock up...I always lose my fluffy socks by the end of Winter and have to buy more. I have ordered a few which if you follow my Insta I'm sure you'll seem them a lot. I've also been buying a lot of jumpers in preparation for the colder weather coming.  

I hope you enjoyed this little post - I'm sure there'll be a lot more autumn posts to come.

Do you love autumn/winter?
What's your favourite thing about it?
Do you have any routines or see indicators of autumn setting in?

6 comments:

  1. I like to think that we still have summer, especially today when the sun is out to play and the day was so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Autumn, I think it's my favourite time of year. I love any excuse to add some layers and drink hot chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of winter, but I love autumn! The cool crisp air and the changing colors of the leaves are among the most enjoyable aspects of the season for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love winter and autumn and especially the scents like fig and berries at this time of year! Inspiring post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot chocolate all the way! I actually went to Trader Joe's today and stocked up on chai and matcha! The checkout guy looked at me a little funny, as it was around lunch time, and that was all I got.

    Fall makeup is my favorite! It's great to be able to wear darker colors and not have to worry about sweating off your foundation or anything!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I wish my country have autumn as I can jump into leaves and enjoying the orange scenery. Nice post xo

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...