Go To Highlighters;

Saturday 15 August 2015



Hello Lovelies;

With and without all this heat, I love dewy skin and highlighters are the perfect thing to give your skin a bit of dewy glow - I've tried a lot and I mean a lot...I've been switching between these two beauties and wanted to share them with you. 

Benefit Watts Up is a gorgeous cream highlight that gives some serious glow. It shows up a lot more on my skin, but being cream it's really bendable and looks beautiful. It's a warm champagne tone which works beautifully with so many skin tones. You do get a sponge blender on the other side, but I use a blending brush and that works perfectly. I am seriously in love with this at the moment - I don't use it for a while and when I try it again I forget why I ever stopped using it...It is a bit pricey at £24.50, but you do use so little. If you do want a really good highlighter I think it is worth the money. 

My favourite, well, my favourite not matte powder highlighter is the Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Highlighter. Before getting this I heard so many reviews an raves about it. Personally for me it isn't as full on as Watts up, it does give a much more natural highlight but still so beautiful. It's still a lovely warm champagne tone. It's perfect when I'm wearing a less heavy base or no base as I don't need something as glowing to balance out my face. It's a very finely milled powder which blends in beautifully. At £34 it is a hella amount to spend, but again, if it's in your price range or you really want a nice highlighter that's going to last it is so gorgeous. 

Dewy skin in general makes me happy - I think it looks more youthful and fresh and I am all about youthful and natural make up. Though I am 22 I do like to not pile on make up at any time, and these help to give your skin some luminosity back into days where you may be a bit dull - or everyday like me...

What's your favourite highlighter?
Do you prefer cream or powder?
Have you tried either of these?


4 comments:

  1. I love the Kevyn Aucoin highlighter as well, it's so natural and glowy. I have been obsessed with the Becca x Jacyln Hill Highlighter, Champagne Pop. So pretty!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be one of the only Benefit products I've not tried!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sound good and I hope to try something from Kevin Aucoin someday soon!! This particular highlight looks amazing on the pan!

    Sara |http://www.marybloomy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kevyn Aucoin highlighter is one of my faves too :) I also really like Mary Loumanizer by The Balm. I will need to try out this Benefit highlight, I'm always a bit scared of cream highlighters but after reading this I want to try it out!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...