'Why do you wear make up?'

Tuesday 22 April 2014



Hello lovelies;

Someone asked me this week 'why do you wear make up?' 

This made me ponder why I actually do wear make up... There's two sides to why I wear make up - To an extent I feel more secure going out with some make up on (concealer under my eyes, mascara and eyebrows done) - The real reason though, I miss not wearing make up. I enjoy wearing make up - Is that weird?

Some of you are probably thinking 'I don't wear make up' some wear it because they feel more confident, some use it to cover scars, to enhance features and some use it to attract people...I'm not going to lie - I do love the way I feel with make up on. I do see it as an art form and when people don't wear make up or have been involved in make up courses they don't feel it as an art form. If you see Pixiwoo's make up they have natural everyday make up, celebrity looks and also more dramatic looks - but let's face it, trying to get your winged eyeliner that you may wear daily is an art form! If people see normal everyday looks it's hard to see it as an art form, but when you see more dramatic looks and SPFX (special effects make up) you can't deny turning into a Zombie or even just cuts and bruises isn't an art form (though people forget it's due to make up), even making masks for movies takes different areas of art and also make up. 

 



What do you think about make up?
Do you wear it?
If so, why?
Do you see make up as an art form?

6 comments:

  1. Completely honest post, i wear makeup because i feel more confident with it too. Those Pixiwoo looks are gorgeous! x

    http://anyamaybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful! I don't think there's anything wrong with it. We all have that outfit or shoes that make us stand a little taller right? Make up just is our thing to make us feel better. xx

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed this, I wear make up to cover spot scars, but I also wear because I enjoy the creativity I love how I can enhance certain features using make up x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people forget that there's a creative side and art form to make up. Thanks for the honest reply! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I don't wear make up at all except lip things to avoid dryness. But I can understand why some people wear it, to be comfortable and confident. And I can see it as an art form, because there are so many different things you can do with it, no two are the same. It's as much an art form as nail art, and that is my specialty ;)

    Check out my question tag: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/a-whole-lot-of-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're really lucky in that you don't wear make up, though it's such a big part of my life I actually miss wearing it and find myself doing so on days I'm just cleaning the house :P xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...