Bobbi Brown Corrector for £10?

Friday 4 April 2014




Hello Lovelies;

Okay...It may not be the Bobbi Brown Corrector, but it's a damn good dupe. I've tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector and I sold it on a week or so after buying it as it was too drying for under my eyes. I bought the kickass concealer and put it to one side as it wasn't concealing enough for under my eyes, though after months of it sitting in my draw, I gave it another dry and it was the perfect dupe (but creamier) for my Bobbi Brown Corrector. 

As you can see by the picture I've depoted it into an old Maybelline Gel Eyeliner pot - I only use the salmon colour for correcting sadly. The other shade is too yellow toned and the powder, well I just use my Hourglass Lighting Powder. The product itself is a salmon colour which is perfect for correcting darkness under your eyes. It's a lot more creamier than the Bobbi Brown version, even if you warm it up it always picks up dry flakes (what?!) and even if it didn't, it always seemed too heavy for under my eyes no matter how much I blended. I do adore the little pot the Bobbi Brow Corrector came in though. It does come in around £18 which isn't cheap for what it is, though I did pay the price and it was the product that disappointed me. 

The Kickass concealer though, isn't too thick, creamy, sits nicely alone or with a concealer on top and it lasts all day long. I feel guilty that it was just sitting in my draw doing nothing for so long as it's such a great product under a concealer. This is a staple in my routine now and I will try and use the setting powder up as not to waste it - the other concealer is too yellow for me though. Soap and Glory has a nice little dupe here, and I think it's worth buying it. If you have more oily skin, you can use the setting powder as a face powder (it's just like 'One Heck of a Blot), but because of my dry skin I don't tend to use one often.

I know some people don't concealer under their eyes (I'm very jealous of you) let alone correcting before concealing. If you have a baby or long nights/no sleep, this may be a helpful step to take if you feel like concealer alone isn't working too well. A few months ago, I just concealed but the sleepless nights made concealing dark circles harder and this was a step I had to take to make myself look a little less Zombie like. 


Do you use a corrector/concealer? Would you use one?

3 comments:

  1. you have a great blog! i love it!
    look, I`m am here first time and I wanna ask how about follow each other? Let me know, please, I always follow back :)
    have a great weekend sweety
    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I always love a good dupe!
    http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Soap & Glory concealer is definitely my favourite! Using it everyday at the moment :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...