Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Review;

Saturday 21 September 2013





Hey everyone. Today I am doing a review on Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation (Shade Cream Ivory). I wanted this foundation for the longest time, but it being a 'creme' foundation put me off. I had dry skin and I thought I'd cling to every manner of dry skin on my face - but it didn't! I went for the shade Cream Ivory which lasted me very well over summer, though I may have to change it when winter kicks in.

When I went to SpaceNK to pick this up, I was going to get 'Rose Ivory,' which is what I asked for, but on the ride home I looked at the tube and noticed she gave me 'Cream Ivory' which is actually a great skin match to it served me well over summer. Now, onto the details. This is a medium - full coverage foundation, and this worried me as well, as normally higher coverage foundations were terrible for my skin and clings like 'Illamasqua Skinbase' but this again, no clinging! It goes on perfectly and blends into my skin and just looks so lovely and natural. It doesn't look too matte, or too dewy, it's a lovely medium between the two. You only need to use a small amount to get the perfect amount of coverage. It leaves you with a flawless finish without looking like you have a face full of slap.

This lasts longer than any other foundation I own, and it makes it such a winner in my books. With redness and broken capillaries, after a few hours the foundation wears down and you can see them, but with this it lasts a good 6 hours, and with shifts from 7am to 11pm some days I need a foundation with good staying power. What else do you guys need to know? It's an amazing foundation, long staying power, good colour range, doesn't cling to dry skin, great coverage - I love this foundation for those days I need a bit more coverage!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...