How to treat KP (Keratosis Pilaris);

Monday 23 May 2016



Hello Lovelies;

Today I'm writing a post that's very close to my heart as it's something which has and still knocks my confidence. I am learning to treat (there is no cure) it. I suffer with KP on my legs pretty badly. When I was younger people thought it was just freckles - more like red bumps. KP is pretty common but if you do want to minimise it these steps have helped me. You can get KP on your arms, legs - in some cases your face and all over your body! I hope these little tips can help someone and all these products have 100% helped my skin.

Moisturiser:- KP's normal trait is being very dry and rough skin so moisturiser as much as possible can help a lot. Whilst moisturising alone doesn't help, it makes your skin a lot softer. I use the Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. I have eczema so this treats that as well as soothing my skin. It's pretty Holy Grail for me. Wouldn't use anything else to moisturise my body. Remember to use daily - especially after having a bath, shower or going swimming.

Exfoliate:- This is another big step! With having rough red bumps, exfoliating is the best way (along with moisturising) to make your skin softer and get rid of the dryness. I have two steps with this. When I wash my hair, I tend to have a bath and after washing my hair I'll put my hair in a bun and use the Lush Buffy Bar - This is holy grail again, like I wouldn't use another exfoliator on my body. It exfoliates as well as being moisturising. The other time I exfoliate is when I Epilate - my epilator has an exfoliating head and after 'shaving,' I use The Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry Bodyscrub  - just as a more gentle exfoliation. 

Shaving:- This has made a big difference. I use to use a normal shaver, but I bought the Braun Silk-Épil9 which is an epilator - instead of just shaving the hair off it pulls it (yes, it's uncomfortable). I found this better than shaving because I didn't have to do it as often. KP has a lot to do with hair follicles so after my skin has calmed down from using this it looks a hell of a lot better. 

Fake Tan:- I tried a sun bed once as I heard it would help, never again! KP is common with pale people, and whilst I've dealt with the dry, rough skin the red dot pigmentation is still there. I bought the ST.Tropez Gradual Tan (in shower) on a whim. I am pale so anything else seems so scary to me. I did buy the express tan as well, but I'll stick to this for now. I has helped a lot. My skin isn't as pale so the redness isn't as prominent.  


Those are so far, all the things that have helped my legs. I feel so much more confident. Whilst I still dislike getting my legs out in public, I went swimming and felt a lot better for the first time in such a long time. I hope these tips can help some of you out. 

Do you suffer from KP?
Do you use any of these products?
What are your tips?



3 comments:

  1. Very helpful and informative post! I happen to also use the Lush Buffy Bar:)
    mayasienna13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you've managed to find products that work so well for you, hun. :) I tried the early harvest raspberry body scrub for TBS and yes, it is totally amazing! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all like shaving getting an electrical or direct razor, which cuts your hair additional close to the highest point of the face, an epilator grabs all locks and draw it along at the real. braun face epilator

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...