Highlighting and Contouring using an eyeshadow palette;

Monday 20 October 2014






Hello Lovelies;

Sometimes it's hard for some people to see outside the lines - night creams don't have to be branded 'night creams,' highlighters don't have to be 'highlighters and bronzer aren't the same as contouring shades. 

I see this often where people use bronzers for contouring, when in actuality bronzers warm the face and contouring shades are meant to create a shadow and give the illusion of cheek bones. I actually use one eyeshadow pallette to contour as well as highlighting and creating matte eye looks. Introducing Urban Decay Naked Basics.. Now, this palette is not a new launch and they have recently brought out a Naked Basics 2 which may be up peoples street more, but personally I do prefer this palette. 

Venus is the perfect shade for contouring, and the only not matte shade in the whole palette. This is added in to highlight the inner corners of your eyes, as well your brow bone, so why can't it be used as an all over facial highlighter? This is such a beautiful highlight for my pale skin. It's more a satin finish as a pose to glittery (which I'm not a fan of in highlighters) it just creates the most beautiful sheen and I add it to all the high points of my face. I have nothing bad to say about it. Being an Urban Decay eyeshadow it's so buttery and just blends in perfectly. 

When looking for a contour shade, having a taupe/grey undertone is always perfect to create shadows. This is a beige with a grey/taupe undertone. I actually also use this as an all over lid colour. With my fair skin the beige blends in well but with a shadow creating undertone it just gives my chubby cheeks some definition and just helps to shape your face more. If you wanted a single eyeshadow MAC Malt is also a great pick for a contouring shade. I use this Blush Brush from Avon as it's the perfect shape to get into the hollows of your cheeks. 

I'm in love with this palette at the moment. I do use the Naked 2 as an all over lid colour, and Faint in the crease to just give a simple look and still you still epitomize your eyes. I use this eyeshadow brush that comes to a finer point so you can really get your brush into the crease for more precise application. The Venus shade is added onto my brow bone and the inner corners to help you look more wide awake.

This palette is £22 but I think it's so worth it for everything you can actually do with it. The shade Foxy is very light and could actually be used to set any concealer on spots as it has a yellow undertone. W.O.S has a peach undertone which is perfect to counteract blue and purple tones using it to set your under eye concealer. Faint is a perfect colour for my eyebrows, and if you have lighter brows your could use Naked 2. Crave is a lovely eyeshadow, but could also be used as a powder eyeliner. What a perfect palette, aye? 

Do you have this palette? 
Do you use it for multi uses?
Would you purchase this, or the new palette? 

4 comments:

  1. I have never thought of using an eyeshadow palette for contouring but its such a good idea! Thanks for sharing - great post! xx

    emily x ♥ | emily's beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of doing this before! It's such a good idea! Lovely post!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a versatile palette! I really think its worth the money too

    Over on my blog I am having a Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream giveaway if you wanted to enter:

    http://www.milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/giveaway-marc-jacobs-daisy-dream.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed! This palette worth a try for the amount of different uses it can get! Love the idea! :)

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...