What's on my dressing table?

Friday 14 February 2014








Hello Lovelies;

Unlike most beauty bloggers people, I don't have muji drawers on my dressing table. I tend to keep all my daily make up in a make up bag - even though it's a pain having to change that around it's needed with a small child. I cannot sit at a table and do my make up, it just isn't convenient. I do however, have a few bits and bobs that I do like keeping on my dressing table that I don't have to rummage through my haircare, or skincare draws for. I only have one side of the dressing table, and my oh has the other half of it for his manly bits.

 The main body moisturiser I am trying to use atm is my Laura Mercier Fig Body Souffle. This is just one of my many moisturisers I am trying to use up. When it gets to summer I'll use them more, and even though it isn't at all cold in my house, I hate applying moisturiser to my body in the winter. The perfume I mainly reach for is my Chole perfume. I got this as a Christmas present and I alternate using this and my Elizabeth Arden Untold perfume. The silver case you can see is a bridesmaid gift from my uncles wedding - it's a lovely jewellry box that I haven't found anything to put in there yet. The faberge egg is a Birthday gift from my Mother-in-law - it has a heart necklace pendant in which is stunning. I also keep my This Works Deep Sleep balm on here (I cannot keep it on my bedside table as Alec gets and unscrews it). This is really good if you need help falling asleep. I have eczema on my arms but this doesn't irritate it - I do not apply it when there is eczema on my wrists though. I also keep my Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi spray next to the balm as this is another product that helps me to relax and sleep. This is only the small version, but it smells amazing and you just sprtiz one spray before you go to bed and it lasts forever.  

I keep most of my items in this little wooden woven box. I keep all my essentials (and others) in here as it's just easy to grab them. I keep my roll on (Nivea Pearl and Beauty) in here - this is nearly running out but it's easy to just grab whilst getting dressed. The spray I use is the Vaseline Active Protection compressed this is again, running low - neither of these bits are exciting, they're just daily things. Luckily I don't suffer from excess B.O even on a busy day so I these keep me fresh all day. I also have the Carex Hand Gel Moisture Plus this is just to keep in the bedroom. I can't leave it on the side for Alec to grab and this keeps it in a tidy place. For my daily hair use I use the Dove Hair Therapy Oil Care I spray this on daily after I've brushed my hair. My hair gets frizzy when I brush it, and this just calms it down and leaves it smooth and silky. This is a daily must for me. I don't use hair spray daily, but when I do use it, I always go for the Toni&Guy Glamour Hairspray. Another must have hair product for me is It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in product  I use this every time after I've washed my hair. Even when it dried naturally, it becomes frizzy. This stops the frizzy and leave it soft, silky and just looking amazing. When I do brush my hair, it does take the curls out of it, if I want to add some curls back I just use the Bamboo Style Boho Waves - This is my favourite texturizing/salt spray to date (and I've tried a lot). Doesn't leave your hair matte, crunchy, dry or any of that rubbish - just lovely curls. The Urban Decay All Nighter Spray have been something I've repurchased a lot over the past years, problem is that I don't always remember to use it. I have the 30ml size which is only £9 - I loved the 'Dew me' but they've stopped making it :( This is a great travel size spray and it really does help your make up last longer. Lasting in the box I have the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water I normally stick to using my Cleanse and Polish, but for days when I been to work from 7am - 11pm this is just a quick way of removing my make up - I'm not saying that you should use this everyday as it isn't good for your skin, but it's better to use this than nothing at all when you're too tired to do a long regime. 

I always keep the Caudalie Grape Water spray to spritz just as a pick me up before I go to bed. Even though this doesn't really do a lot, it just refreshes you and I personally like it more than the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. Hiding behind the back is the Palmers Natural Bronze I have this out just to start using when spring comes along. I am pretty pale and I will never use fake tan - this is perfect as it very slowly gives you a bit of colours and its very moisturising. When it gets more sunny I'll switch to the Palmers Coco Butter with SPF15 as I cannot stand sun tan lotion. 

What's on your dressing table? 




4 comments:

  1. I don't have muji drawers either, but your method works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious of your Laura Mercier fig soufflé - I bet it smells fantastic :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to blog bout whats on your dressing table. I use a white wicker basket to keep my bedside skin care in and also I have the current book im reading.
    http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe is such a beautiful perfume. I absolutely love it!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...