My Go-To Base Duo;

Friday 18 March 2016



Hello Lovelies;

Today I wanted to share with you my favourite base duo - I don't often wear foundation and primers? Who needs those? Recently two products combined have completely changed my mind and routine and I've found myself wearing this base daily. 

I've only been using the Stila One Step Correct -30ml £24.00 - This is actually called a 'Serum' rather than a primer. I use it as a traditional primer would be used - before my foundation. I have some small broken capillaries on my cheeks so it makes my face a bit red - The green helps a lot with the redness by 80% and the peach tones help my dull complexion and pale skin tone. I love how funky the whole products look and you can easily see how much you have left which is a win. 

This isn't cheap so I've been put off buying it in the past. I am so glad I did as it's made having a more even skin tone a lot more easy. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and makes my make up last whilst keeping my skin hydrated - whats not to like?

The base I've been reaching for is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - 30ml £29.00 - I find the normal double wear too heavy but this is perfect. It's got light but build able coverage - The shade is a tad too dark for my pale winter skin. I apply it with my fingers and if it needs blending I go over it with a damp sponge blender. 

Combined with Stila I can apply this at 7.30am and it'll last till I take my make up off at 8pm at night. I'm not really a fan of topping up my make up so this is perfect for me and anyone that wants their make up to last all day. Having an SPF10 is really good for day to day if you don't use flash photography - but I don't think that'll happen xD

What's your favourite primer/base?
Have you tried any of else products?



4 comments:

  1. I've never been a fan of doublewear, I find it comes off onto clothes really easily? I may have to give this combo a try though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the stila "primer" looks so gorgeous! Nearly enough to buy it just for the packaging! I'm currently using Urban Decay brighten and tighten primer potion and NARS Sheer Glow foundation and Inglot concealers to color correct my skin :)

    Kinkx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of the Stila primer, it sounds really good! Might have to add it to my everygrowing wishlist! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the original Double Wear but haven't tried the Light version, will definitely have to give it a go!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...