MAC Plumful dupe;

Tuesday 7 October 2014







Hello Lovelies;

MAC Plumful is basically the perfect transitional lipstick from Summer into the Autumn Months. It's a plum colour, with a brighter look to it, making it perfect for those warm Autumn days. MAC Lipsticks aren't the cheapest, and the price has given up in recent years - I think they now stand around £15 which is crazy. 

Fear not! I have found (not the perfect) dupe, but it's still a dupe none the less. Introducing Revlon Berry Couture part of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick range...


Top Swatch is Revlon - Bottom swatch is MAC

They both have the same finish Lustre/Lustrous which makes the finish dupe worthy, but, the shade... The Revlon Lipstick is a tad brighter and it's more purple toned, where the MAC lipstick has more of a red tone to it. It does make the MAC lipstick more universal, but the Revlon option would suit a lot of people as well. I think they're a pretty damn good dupe. Formulation, lasting power are all the same. The packaging ofc is different as they're both in the brands signature packaging. The other slight difference is the tones but the swatch picture will show you how little difference there is between them both - Revlon looks more true to colour in the bullet, but when I first got Plumful I wasn't expecting anything so bright as the bullet makes it look like a darker shade. 


Verdict? I'd say if you don't want to, or cannot get MAC, Revlon is a perfect choice and you aren't missing out on anything. In all honesty, I do wear Plumful over Berry Couture as it's better with my skintone and that tad too much brightness in Berry, well lets say I'm not used to how bright plumful is, so more brightness is too much for me, but otherwise I adore it and my sister actually uses both of them because they are so similar. 

Would you use Berry C' as a dupe for Plumful?
Have you tried either?
What's your Summer/Autumn lipstick?

4 comments:

  1. I really like the MAC one, but revlon is always more affortable sooo... yeah, I would get the dupe :)

    I've given you an award in my blog, check the link for more info: http://wednesday19th.blogspot.com/2014/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    xx Cecil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely dupe! You can save some pennies as well ^.^ xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Honey. I love the outfits on your blog as well. Following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are extremely similar! Got to love a dupe, save some money! Thank you for sharing! x

    Jasmine || blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...